Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Recall, continued

After my poor attempt at remembering the words/phrases/sentences last time, it is the purpose of this post to redeem myself.

Alagar ka = Maghintay ka (You wait)
Ambutel = Maginaw (Cold)
Wala = Meron ('refers to a thing that exists')
Angapo = Wala (Inexistent)
Andi la = Hindi na (Not anymore)
Sira = Isda (Fish)
Unsabe ak ne = Paparating na ako (I am coming) - I am not sure about this one
Akasumpet ak la = Nakauwi na ako (I am home) - I am not sure about this one either
Pasaliw = Pabili (Can you buy...) - Again, not sure about this one


The next set refers to questions, and I can not believe that I forgot to add the first entry on my previous post.

Antutan = Ano iyan? (What's that?)
Akin = Bakit? (Why?)
Pigara = Ilan? (How many?)
Sampiga = Magkano? (How much?)


Note that I may have confused "pigara" with "sampiga" as to their respective meanings. I will definitely clarify the uncertainties of this post with my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment